Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Visit to Paris

Guest post written by Miriam Webb.

When my granddaughter told me she was studying abroad in Paris for a semester in college, I started making plans immediately to visit her there.

I had been there four times over the years and spoke French for years. Granted, I’m not exactly fluent anymore because I’m so out of practice but when I visited her in the spring I was able to use my knowledge a bit.

My friend Blanche came along with me to see the sites because I didn’t want to travel by myself and she had never visited there before. When we met Ashley and then ate at a café, I had trouble hearing what the waiter was saying so I didn’t get to use my French skills as much as I would have liked.

We went and hit all of the usual tourist sites like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and then Ashley took us on a tour of the campus of the college she was attending there.

It was such a great trip, but as soon as we got home I went to one of the miracle ear locations in my city and got some hearing aids. That incident at the café made me realized that I needed to stop putting that off and use getting them as an opportunity to make my life more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment