Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Coco Jam at Duty Free

Last Jan 28 was my scheduled flight back home and I decided to come early at the Manila International Airport. I got there at 6 PM eventhough my flight will be at midnight. Since I was so early, I was able to check my bags and did my security check in two minutes. I was in the secure area at 7PM then, I decided to go shopping. I roamed around the duty free stores inside the secure area. I bought Pili Nuts which reminded me of my old flame LOL. I also bought dried mango which is a Cebu Fiesta brand and a coco jam for hubby. The store clerk sealed it properly so it will be accepted when I pass the gate.

Everything went well and when I arrived Guam, my coco jam was confiscated! I told the lady officer that I bought it from Duty Free, it was sealed properly with a receipt inside the sealed container and I came from a secured area heading to my connecting flight. Well, she did have her reason and she confiscate it anyway. If you plan to have a carry on such as coco jam from duty free, beware! It will not get through in Guam! I hope Duty Free will stop selling COCO JAM to avoid the hassle from the customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment