Monday, March 7, 2011

Stuffy Nose

I have been suffering from an on and off headache, stuffy nose and misty eyes since I arrived from my three months vacation. I don't like to smell perfumes, I hate smoke and dust because it triggers my headache. I tried to research about stuffy nose and here is what I found out:
Rhinitis is a medical term for stuffy nose. It is the irritation and inflammation of some internal areas of the nose and the symptom would be the nasal dripping. I had this all the time and what's crazy was, when I am in a nice environment like the mall, I really feel good. When I smell something clean gosh, I felt so healthy! When I smell cigarette or just a slight smell of fumes, I swear that I would feel dizzy and have a nasal congestion!

My wild guess, I have a non-allergic rhinitis called vasomotor rhinitis. I never have allergy since childhood and according to a research study, hormones play a vital role in this type of rhinitis. Any individual suffering from vasomotor rhinitis will experience the symptoms year-round, though symptoms may exacerbate in the spring and autumn when rapid weather changes are more common. Maybe this is what I have. If you think you are having this symptom, consult your doctor. That's what I am doing and my appointment will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment