Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mom and Dad Making Changes

Guest post from: Constance Rodgers

My mom and dad are getting older, and I still worry about them out on the farm. It’s so isolated and I know they both have failing physical health so I worry quite a bit. We got them a security system from www.ALLHOMESECURITY.com  last year and that’s made me feel much better…now I know they aren’t unsafe out there at night all by themselves. My mom recently told me that Dad has been talking about what it would be like to live in a retirement community. I can’t believe they’re even considering it! I guess they have stocked a lot of savings away for just such a thing, and it would make it much easier to visit them, that’s for sure. I like the idea of someone being there 24/7 in case they need help and there would be tons of social activities for them to get involved in. I love my parents and I just want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to take care of them in their old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment